Sunday, February 17, 2013

Google Reader,Wiki, and Cell Phone

The first thing that I liked about Google Reader was that it was really easy to set up.  I saw all of the blogs that I was subscribed to right on the side, and I subscribed to a few more when I explored google reader.  I now follow several sports blogs and a video game blog for my own enjoyment.  Hopefully there will be a time when I look go to write on my blog, and I find out something new in the sports world or learn about a video game I should check out because of my recent subscriptions, and maybe I will follow new things more relevant to my future career.
After I looked around on Google Reader, I took some time to create a Wiki Page.  The process was a little slow at first because I didn't know much about it, but when I opened up the slideshow with step by step instructions the whole thing seemed a lot easier.  I created my on page called rjcwiki and I changed the color scheme.  I haven't made any other changes to it, but i'll do that later.
My phone detox process was annoying to say the least.  I turned my phone off so I wouldn't be able to check it at all.  I used the time slot of 12-4 and I hoped that no one would try to call or text.  I can't tell you how many time I wanted to turn my phone back on, it wasn't easy to stay away. I used facebook messaging to talk to people instead of my phone and I managed with that.  When that 4 hours were done I checked my phone and it turned out that I only missed one text from a friend just asking what was up.  When all was said and done, I thought it was funny to see how much I like having my phone, and I'm glad it was only four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment